Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Quick Update on Life


Wow, I've really neglected my blog haven't I!!?? It has been over a year since I posted anything, and so much has changed!

My last post stated that Annie was turning 3 months old... Funny, but at this present time, we have a new little one who is about to turn 3 months old!! Last November we welcomed a son to our little family. His name is Isaac. He is the most amazing little man! Always smiling, laughing, and chatting away. His big sister adores him, and is always trying to help change his diaper, feed him his bottle, or share her toys. I can't wait til they are both old enough to play together.

Last September we finally moved into our new home! We began building it in January 2010 through the government program Housing Hope. (From what I hear, it is similar to Habitat for Humanity.) The program required us to put in a minimum of 30 hours labor each week at the site. We consisted of a team of 6 families, all of which had to help build each other's homes. So in all, we built 6 homes in 8 months! It was an amazing experience. Especially since I found out I was pregnant two months into the build! I had to contribute most of our hours each week since Hubby was underway with his carrier most of the time.

Speaking of the ship.... We are no longer a Navy family! It is bittersweet, but all in all the best choice for us. Had Matt stayed with the Navy, he would have missed his son being born, and would not have gotten to meet him until he was almost 6 months old! That was one of the major reasons he didn't want to reenlist; he can't imagine not being there to see Annie and Isaac as they reach each little milestone in their lives. Hubby now works for Boeing. Not his dream job, but it pays the bills and enables us to have the life that we do.

Our household also increased by another member, Daisy! She is a beagle/dalmation mix. We got her from my Step Dad, who didn't have the time for her anymore. She is super sweet, and very good with the kids. She follows Annie around like a shadow, and Annie has learned to ask for more dinner so she can toss it on the floor and make sure Daisy gets some!

We still have Cooper, the cat. Surprisingly he and Daisy get along very well. They both fight for space on the bed at night, and one of us usually ends up in a pet sandwich. I don't mind, it's extra heat for me!

As for me, I am enjoying being a SAHM... for the most part. I LOVE being able to spend time with my kids every day. It is hectic, chaotic, unorganized and messy, but such an amazing blessing. With as much going on everyday, I still feel like my hands are idle. Mainly, my mind is not being stimulated enough. I miss learning. I miss school. I miss having to push myself and work at something. I have been trying to figure out what to do, but so far I have a million ideas but nothing concrete. I want to make something I can sell; have my own business. Preferably something I can do at home so I don't have the leave the kids and worry about babysitting. I might take up sewing. At least for this particular moment that is what I plan to look into.

Well, that is the super fast, cut down version of an update. Maybe I'll get the itch to blog more often and actually keep up with it.... Maybe!

2 comments:

KK said...

I love your face!

Sunshine in a Rainy State said...

I looked every so often all year last year to see if you had any updates! AND now that I am back to work, I looked and low and behold! Love the update and Love the kids! :)