Monday, March 9, 2009

SAHM in training...

Two fridays ago I was laid off. To what extent my pregnancy played in the decision, I will probably never know. I do have my suspicions though. So now I am faced with the decision of what to do... I am now four months pregnant, and beginning to show. I do not feel it is right to not forewarn a potential employer of my situation, although it has strongly been suggested I do so. If I were to conceal my circumstances, I am no more honest than those that put me in this situation in the first place. Atleast that is my opinion. Luckily, I have a very supportive husband, who has made it clear I should take it easy and enjoy the next few months without stressing about work. Another blessing is that he is military, so we do not have to worry about him losing his job as well. I'm not too keen about finding a new job anyways, change is something I've always dreaded. So I have decided to make the best of the situation and take this opportunity to practice for my upcoming role as a Stay At Home Mom. Right now it is rather lonely, just Cooper (the cat) to keep me company. And so far he has been a bad influence. He spends the majority of his day sleeping, and he is very sneaky about jumping on my lap anytime I sit or lay down, thus forcing me to join him in his routine slumber sessions. I am entering my second week of being home, and it has taken me this long to get the three loads of laundry we had done. If I were to be graded on my progress so far, I'm sure I would be below average. This is not an easy job... I'm trying to decide whether I should be more excited or worried about Baby's arrival. Atleast it will be another person to talk to and keep me company, and definitely keep me preoccupied. But I wonder how long three loads of laundry will take to complete then... I guess for now I'll just keep practicing my techniques.

1 comment:

Kristy Morgan said...

Oh Sheena, you are so cute! You will be a great mommy! No need to stress, enjoy the free time while you can :)