As of today, I am 31 weeks. Saturday will mark exactly two months until my 'guess date', which is August 13th. Time has flown by so fast. We will have our little one here before we know it!
My baby showers are coming up. The family one is at the end of this month, and the friend one is mid July. I am SOO excited!! Since I skipped out on all the pre-wedding activities (Bridal showers, Bachelorette Party, etc) I really wanted to have atleast one baby shower. I have been obsessed with our registries. I add/delete/change things almost daily. It is so much fun! Just the other day I realized someone had purchased the first item off of Babies R Us, and I cried! I've been doing that a lot more lately, over silly things. But I was so happy and grateful and excited that someone bought something for our baby, OUR BABY!! I feel so loved and blessed with this whole experience, and I can't wait to bring Baby into our family.
I had my first appointment at the Midwife center yesterday. I switched to them from the OB clinic I'd been going to since finding out I was pregnant. The midwives work through the same hospital, and I will be delivering at the same place, just with a different team now.
My OB experience was the stereotypical 'medically minded' Dr. She always compared my results to the average pregnancy. I have gained more weight than is considered 'normal', so she constantly picked on me about it. And at every single appointment I had with her (which lasted all of maybe 10 minutes each time) she brought up C sections... RED FLAG!! I was very unhappy and discouraged having her as my Dr.
The midwife I met with was amazing. She explained their philosophy of birth as being a natural thing, which I very much believe. She went over their statistics as compared to the OB's, something my original Dr. never even offered. I was surpised (although I shouldn't have been) that the midwives have only a 10% C section rate, which is low compared to the national average. The OB's at the same hospital have more than three times that amount... SCARY! I was so relieved to find out that the midwives offer exactly what I am looking for with my birthing experience. They treat their patients more like close friends or relatives, rather than just a number. I will get to have the quiet and calming atmosphere I desire, without medical pressure to do this or that, and will be given whatever amount of time is needed for the birth. They do not believe in "failure to progress", as long as Mom and Baby remain safe and healthy. That is one majory difference from the medical mindset.
And I was encouraged to make my future appointments with as many of the midwives as possible, so I could atleast meet them once before birth day. That way I would have a familiar face in the room, and not be meeting them for the first time. I was never given that opportunity with the OB's. I was just told that I would have my appointments with 'my' Dr., and when I came in to deliver, I would get whatever Dr. was on call at the time. Yet another example of being just a number in the Dr.'s eyes...
Soooo much to do, and so little time left. Atleast that is how it feels. I'm relieved that I found out about the Midwife clinic. It has taken a huge amount of stress away so I can focus on what is important.
I'm slowly starting to nest.... we need to rearrange the apartment so we have the space needed for the nursery. I can't do much by myself, so Hubby and I have set a date to get that done. We are slowly started to have baby items around the house, which is a strange feeling in a way, but also exciting!
And I'm starting to slow down. I feel like I'm in sloth mode most of the time. In a way, it's an out of body experience. There are things I just can't do anymore. But in the end it is all worth it, right?! While I am on a rollercoaster of emotions, I really can't wait. I've always wanted to be a Mom, and now before I know it I will be!!
Rory Gilmore book list!
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment