Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice...

They say that's what little girls are made of. But apparently our family will never know!! It has long been said that my husband's family only produces boys... and so far it seems to be true. All the girls have been adopted for the most part. My husband's brother and his wife had a boy last November, and now we just found out my husband's sister and her husband are expecting a boy this October. I guess it is up to us to pull off a girl. I think we have a chance.

I'm still holding strong to not finding out the gender until birth day though. So we will have to wait til August to find out if we did it or not. There seem to be so few good things left in the world these days; this is a little something extra to look forward to. I want my husband to be able to break the news when our baby comes into this world, not some machine. I'm a sucker for surprises! And according to many family members, I like to be difficult and stubborn. Guess the 'sugar and spice' rule doesn't apply to me so much... atleast in this case! :)

Along the same topic, my husband and I had an interesting exchange late last night. We were woken up by our cat, Cooper (aka Jekyll and Hyde, depending on if it's day or night). He was scratching at the door trying to get in, probably to meow for food. Hubby got up to take care of him, while I got up at the same time to use the bathroom. When we both plopped back into bed, I tried to get comfortable as Baby started to kick. Here is the little exchange we had at 2AM or so:

Hubby: I hope we do have a girl.
Me: Why do you say that?
H: I don't want you to have to deal with a little me. (His mom has horror stories!!)
M: We could end up having a girl that was just like you. That might even be worse!! :)
H: But atleast a girl would have long curls and cute lashes to bat so I wouldn't get mad.
M: Lol, it's all about the curls? You know that means at some point you will have to do pig tails. I would find that rather entertaining...
H: I'm a pro at pig tails. I did my sister's hair all the time. (Uh, huh. Sure)
M: And she'll want to paint her nails. Eventually she'll want Daddy to have matching ones....
H: Crap, I didn't think about that...
(That really got me. My husband is in the Navy. Imagine him showing up for work with pretty pink nails.... I can't wait!!)

Either way, boy or girl, we will be elated. We have names picked out for each, since we obviously don't know what we're having. Too bad I didn't get my wish for twins, so I could have one of each right off the bat!!

1 comment:

d.a.r. said...

That's cute! Boys are so funny and worry about the weirdest things :)