Friday, September 12, 2008

Moving Forward Through This Deployment

Deployments force you to deal with things you normally wouldn't. This current deployment especially, and has caused me to grow in ways I never really expected. I have become more confident, and more independent of others. I am learning who I am as a person, and what I stand for. It really is quite the experience, and one that can only truly be traveled by a military wife left behind at home. For that reason, I am able to focus on the positve that is often times hard to see when your husband is gone for any length of time.

The past couple months I have been apartment searching. We decided that as soon as Homecoming was behind us, we would venture out and find a new home sweet home. In July I put a deposit down on a gorgeous top floor 'studio' with a 180 degree view overlooking the Cascades. I was set to start moving in as of next Tuesday, until I received a call from the manager yesterday. He said an apartment was opening up that he thought I would like. I headed down there today and did a walk through. It was definitely not as breathtaking to look out the window (it's on the second floor) but the atmosphere was very "homey" as soon as I stepped inside. The floor plan includes a one bedroom and a den, so the square footage is a bit larger compared to the open floor plan of the studio. It also has much more storage, and a spacious utility room that I could definitely utilize. After coming home and debating back and forth on the pros and cons of each, I decided to make the switch. I called the manager to make it official, and move in will be days before Matt arrives for Homecoming. While giving up the view, I feel I am giving up a little in order to get alot. Maybe not that much more, but I am happy with the decision. And I will be much happier once all the moving details are completed!!

No comments: