Monday, May 4, 2009

Friend Making Monday!

Name 5 toys that remind you of your childhood:
LISA FRANK
While not necessarily a "toy", I was addicted to anything and everything she created. At one point, I planned on decorating my entire bedroom in items from her catalogue. And I still have a large supply of stationary and stickers from ages ago.

LITTLEST PET SHOP
Loved them all! This is the Care Center, which I had of course. My favorite was probably a bunny patch, though I can't recall the name of it.

BARBIE
What girl could resist? It's a classic; Barbie was everywhere, and still is. This playhouse was the coolest thing ever! I believe I ended up selling it at a garage sale as a kid, to get money for some other toy. I also had an RV, and many, many dolls and accessories.

AMERICAN GIRL DOLLS
I went through a stage when American Girl books and dolls were my number one priority. I ended up getting the 'Just Like You' doll as a birthday present one year, along with a bunch of accessories and outfits. I still have them today, and plan on passing them down to my daughter.

EASY BAKE OVEN
My sister and I both had our own. We didn't get into it much though. The food didn't taste as good as they made it look. But it is definitely one of those classic items that stand out when I think about growing up.

PIG
Since my first item was not officially a toy, I'm adding this one to my list. Not sure what the official name of this little guy was, but I had one. Actually, I still have it. I love this little guy! Before I was allowed to get a real pet, I had "Wilbur", who walked and oinked like a real pig, but didn't make a mess! Eventually I did get a guinea pig. It wasn't long before we gave it away. Wilbur was way better behaved!!

9 comments:

Amber Filkins said...

Ha!! You're quite a bit younger than I am, but your list is great.

And those pics of you & your belly are adorable!!

So great to meet you!

Anonymous said...

Hi! Cute list! I have easy bake oven on my list, too! :)

Jessica said...

Good to know I am not the only one who LOVED Lisa Frank stuff! I was obsessed with everything she had and I think I still have some of her stationary :) Do they still sell her stuff??

Renee said...

Those pictures of you and your bump are so cute!

I am sure I will be buying an American Girl doll for my daughter in a couple of years. (My husband will flip at the price.)

Unknown said...

Make sure you hold on to those AG dolls!! They are very popular with little girls now-a-days!
Congrats on your pregnancy!

Have a super week!

~Becca

Jenny said...

I also loved Lisa Frank stuff. I'm a bit older than you, so I didn't have the other toys.

Tanielle said...

Great list! You are younger than me, but still looks like fun! What a great FMM!!!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Love the pictures.....So glad that I found your blog.
I am still new to the land of blog, but so loving reading others stories. Everyone has a story and so many of them are so touching....
Hope you will stop by for a visit.
The May give-away has started and this month there will be 10 winners. I will be blogging from Disney World soon...

Lins said...

I wondered when someone was going to come up with Lisa Frank on their list! You're the first I've seen!

Lins @ goodbyemartha.blogspot.com